Sunday, March 17, 2013

Out and About Innsbruck


Pizza-natics
This week I hung out around Innsbruck to get more acquainted with my new city. Earlier this week It was my turn to host a dinner, so the Jessica, Alex, and Amanda came over to Lauren, Carly, and my dorm to do personal pizzas. This too, was a learning experience. The temperature readings on the stove are obviously in Celsius, but that's easy to convert... However, the oven was set to convection and we couldn't quite figure out the conventional oven equivalent so the pizzas were a little touch and go for a while. We eventually figured it out by round three (Me and Lauren's Pizzas)!!

Soooo many toppings!!!



If only Willy Wonka sold schnapps...
                Alex and I roamed the city and visited The Drink Company. I can't compare it to anything other than a candy shop. The store is lined with columns full of different liquors and flavors. Each different variety has a price per 100 ml. You go in, you taste test as many different items as you want, then you purchase the one that you liked. You can bring your own containers or you can purchases bottle there at the store. The Hospitality Major (me) was impressed!





Ih
It's Snowing, if you couldn't tell....
 Later that night I had my first 'snowfall'. The snow that I have experienced thus far has been from the snow storms from before I arrived. It was a light snow, so I wasn't able to make my snowman, but at least it snowed! It was hard to capture in a photo, but still, it was beautiful!










Oh yeah, and we went to Giza, and the size of The Sphinx is greatly exaggerated... Just Kidding!! We didn't go to Giza! I stumbled across this 'Sphinx' while walking in town. Since Egypt doesn't seem to be in the cards for this trip I decided to have a little fun with the monuments in front of the Innsbruck museum.



...it might be love.
Such a good listener











Hilarious T-shirt!


    Near the city center, one of the gift shops had this T-shirt and I thought 'Someone gets my humor'. (This shirt is similar to the map I blogged in my first post) Apparently it's fairly common for people to hear "AustrALIA" when in fact you are saying "AustrIA". 





 

Last Friday Night... 


Spazzing out at all of the snow at the Igloo!
Heeeelllloooo Innsbruck!!
       Carly(Nebraska), Lauren (UK), and I went to Cloud 9, the igloo bar at the top of the ski slope. Now THAT was a new experience. The view was amazing! Please remember that I have never seen a snowy winter prior to this trip. Inside the igloo were 3 chambers. One chamber had a sitting area lined with fur covers. Another Chamber held the bar, which served a plethora of drinks. My choice of the evening was Gluehwein (a spiced wine served hot). Yes, I knew it was an igloo but I had NO IDEA that it would be so cold up there. (About 14 degrees plus wind chill).
My Steaming cup of Gluehwein....










This guy has a lot of faith in strangers.
   The third chamber of the igloo had a dj and a  dance floor. The DJ were live the entire night! Then there were several party-goers who decided to crowd surf.
The night was definitely an International one... The Americans (Carly and I) taught the Brit (Lauren) how to do 'The Bernie" to Dubstep remixed Reggae music being played by the Austrian DJ's.


Lauren and Carly hit them with the Bernie!

Until next time

- Pella, The Pilgrim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey if you are reading this... I want to know!