Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hi Ho hi ho it's off to Salzburg we go!


After Day 2 of Orietation, I went to get my supercool European phone! It reminds me so much of 2002. The phone can call and text!
Super-duper High tech Austria Phone



 Yesterday the exchange students took a day trip to Salzburg, Austria. Since Salzburg is about 2 hours northeast of us it had a lot more snow on the ground than Innsbruck had. Getting off of the bus I could not help but make a snowball. 
Isn't it gorgeous?






My trolley ride down into the taverns.
Me and my super-chic protective gear
 Our first stop in Salzburg was to the historic Salt Mines. We suited up into protective gear, caught a trolley into the taverns and began our trek. The Salt Mines were once the source of livelihood for many of the inhabitants of Salzburg.While in the mines we crossed the German Austrian border.
Passports please!
After the salt mines we journeyed to the city center. Salzburg is know for its musical history, especially for being the birthplace and residence this one composer, maybe you've heard of him, he went by the name of Mozart.
Brittany and I in Kapitelplatz.
 After lunch, our first destination was the castle, Festung Hohensalzburg, on the hill overlooking the city. In order to get to the castle we had to climb several steep inclines. Whew!!! Leg muscles that I long ago neglected, reminded me that yes they were there. And they were sour that I had not been exercising them. Despite their bitter attitude they got me to the top of the castle...
Me, and the view from the top of Hohensalzburg.

The Salzburg Excursion Team.
 On the way back to the bus we saw a living statue. Not quite the robot from the movie Eurotrip, but close enough.
My "Eurotrip moment": Interaction with metallic street performer

 There is no story for this last picture. I just like it.
Walking through Salzburg
Until next Time
-Pella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey if you are reading this... I want to know!