Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Back to School!

This week we headed back to school....
Views from the walk from campus.
 My first class at MCI is Alpine Tourism. We learned about impacts of tourism, global warming, marketing and so much more. We did a SWOT analysis about a ski resort of our choosing. All of our lecturers this week were well informed, and were really experts in their fields.
View from MCI III campus

Backdrop of my school.

Spring is springing
 After four days of 8 hour lectures on Alpine Destinations, the class took it's first field trip!!
Hanging out where the clouds do.

 Field Trip to St. Anton! 


After learning about it all week, we took a hour journey west to St. Anton. St. Anton is esteemed as one of the premier ski destinations in Austria. The town was so beautiful, a nice fusion of  nature and luxury. I still can't get over how much SNOW there is. Here we are, near the end of March and it is still snowing! Amazing.





View from the top!



We took TWO ski lifts to get to the top! No doubt the highest I have ever stood (if you don't count airplanes). Approximately 2,800 meters (9,186 ft). Everyone is still entertained at my reactions to the cold (And believe me, I had plenty of reactions).




 The views, if you couldn't tell, were breathtaking. I understand why so many people flock to St. Anton to ski.
U-C-F!

Vintage St. Anton Poster




Can you guess how old she turned?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey if you are reading this... I want to know!