Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Who is Pella? ... And why is she a pilgrim?

Who is Pella?

       My name is Pella. I am a 22 year old college senior studying Hospitality and Event Management at the University of Central Florida. About a year ago I was planning my last semester in college when it dawned on me that I was about to graduate and I hadn't realized my goal of studying abroad.  

I freaked out.
        As it so happened, my freak-out came weeks before the study abroad application deadline for the Spring of 2013. So, I thought 'why not'? I threw caution to the wind and applied. If I was selected, I would modify my graduation plan. If I wasn't selected for the study abroad program I would continue with my plans to graduate in December of 2012 and at least I can say I tried to study abroad.

        And you guessed it... I was chosen to study abroad. I will spend this spring studying at the Management Center Innsbruck in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria.



Now you know a little bit about Pella. I am a (hilarious) college senior studying abroad in Austria during the spring.
But the question still remains; why is she a pilgrim?


No, it's not because I wear a buckled hat. When it was time to name my blog I wanted something that was reflective of my experience and simple to remember. I took to the dictionary.

The first entry of Webster's definition of a pilgrim is

1. one who journeys in foreign lands : wayfarer.

I am 'one'. I am journeying to Austria. Austria is a foreign land. Therefore I am a pilgrim. It's as simple as that.  Don't argue with it. Just accept it, I am a pilgrim.

-Pella the Pilgrim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey if you are reading this... I want to know!